Multi-Interface Test Backplane
Multi-Interface Test Backplane
The Multi-Interface Test Backplane (Backplane) was designed to support hardware and software designers who need to be able to plug products with different interfaces into the host computer. The Backplane supports the follow interfaces:
- 32-bit PCI interface
- x16 PCI Express interface (4 lanes)
- ExpressCard® interface
- MiniPCI interface
- MiniPCI Express interface
- PMC interface (optional - additional expansion module required)
Having all the interfaces located on a single backplane allows you to keep your development system unchanged when your motherboard has limited number of supported interfaces.
The Backplane supports connection to both desktops and laptop host systems. It connects to the desktop system using an x1 PCI Express host card and connects to laptops using the ExpessCard® host card via two cables (standard CAT6 and control flat cables).
The Amfeltec Backplane eliminates the risk of damage to the host system during hardware/software development. It allows you to plug in and plug out of test boards with different interfaces quickly and easily, has overcurrent protection for add-in test boards, and it supports live-insertion functionality that allows the user to replace test boards extremely fast without shutting down the host system.
The Backplane provides easy access to the PCI/PCI Express JTAG signals to support board level testing/programming. It supports Amfeltec In-circuit Programmer/Loader connectivity for programming/loading CPLD/FPGA/MCPU/EEPROM/FLASH on the target device during a debugging or production cycle.
Using a flexible cable connection between the Multi-interface Backplane and host system, the Backplane allows you to remove the noisy host system and free up your working area.
As an additional benefit, the Backplane provides a unique opportunity for sales and marketing departments to show and present their products to customers. By using the Amfeltec Multi-Interface Backplane with a connection to your laptop, it is not necessarily to bring your entire system when visiting customers or when presenting new products.
- Easy Plug and Play installation
- Supports multiple interfaces: PCI Express, PCI, MiniPCI, MiniPCI Express, ExpressCard®, PMC(optional)
- Connects to the host computer (desktop or laptop) via standard CAT6 cable
- Compliant with PCI Express Bus specification 1.1
- Compliant with PCI Bus specification 2.3
- Compliant with MiniPCI Bus specification 1.0
- Compliant with MiniPCI Expess Bus specification 1.1
- Compliant with ExpressCard® Standard 2.0
- Supports live-insertion functionality
- Powered from general purpose external 12v power supply
- Power monitoring for plug-in boards
- Overcurrent protection for plug-in boards
- Access to the PCI/PCI express bus JTAG Boundary Scan signals
- Supports Amfeltec In-Circuit Programmer/Loader (eLoader™)
- Patented mechanical stabilization for add-in PCI Express cards (US Patent 7,255,570)
- RoHS compliant
Standard package includes
- Multi-Interface Test Backplane
- x1 PCI Express or ExpressCard host card
- 7 ft CAT6 data cable and control flat cable
- User manual
- Live-insertion software under Windows/Linux/FreeBSD OS
|Product Manual||Software Manual|
|SKU-047-01||Multi-Interface Test Backplane with x1 PCI Express host card|
|SKU-047-02||Multi-Interface Test Backplane with ExpressCard host card|
|SKU-016-02||External power supply 12V/4.2A|
|SKU-047-05||PMC Expansion module|